We are seeking an experienced Finance Manager for a Technology company based in Hull. A salary of up to £35,000 is offered, depending on experience.
As Finance Manager for an IT company, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance function. You will be responsible for producing the statutory year end accounts (with the Company Accountant).
- Controlling and reporting the business finances in totality including production of the management accounts, cash flow and budgets and preparation for the statutory accounts
- Reconciling cashbook and bank account weekly
- Making payments to suppliers following approval by Director
- Regular credit control and escalating aged debtors to Director
- Raising sales invoice in accordance with contract
- Purchase invoices and ensuring suppliers are paid to terms agreed
- Overall responsibility of accounting system, maintenance of the Nominal, Debtors and Creditors Ledgers
- Timely production of quarterly VAT returns
- Payroll and PAYE management
- Process improvement – invoice authorisation / purchase orders / company credit card expenditure / BACS payment / Fixed Asset Register
The Finance Manager will ideally have the following:
- Accountancy/Bookkeeping Qualifications
- A full CIMA qualification would be a huge advantage
- Experience working as an Accountant / Accounts Manager or a Senior Accounts Assistant looking to take on more responsibility
- Self-motivated and organized
- Experience of SAGE would be desirable
Hull (commutable from Scunthorpe, Grimsby or Hessle)
Salary / Benefits
Up to £35,000 + benefits
Please email your CV to Giselle Whitton of CV Screen in strict confidence or call Giselle on 01494 541870 to discuss the role in more detail.